Live HD Video broadcasting in webcam chat
High quality video gives broadcasters an undeniable advantage, which brings and keeps clients coming back at broadcaster’s webcam site. Considering the growing demand for live HD video in webcam sites, we would like to help the broadcasters working with our service to use live HD feature effectively. In this article we give general information on live HD video broadcasting and a brief guide on starting HD broadcasting at your webcam chat.
What are technical requirements for live HD video broadcasting:
- Upload speed: 2 Mbit/sec or more. You can check here.
Also it is important that your transmit channel is free for broadcasting online video. If you broadcast your web camera at several sites concurrently, it is recommended that you use channel with higher speed.
- Up-to-date camera with high-quality optics and high resolution capacity. For broadcasting live HD video we recommend to use Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
How to start using live HD video feature?
To broadcast live HD video, you should have Adobe FMLE installed to your computer. This is free Adobe software, which you can download at:
After Adobe FMLE is installed, to start broadcasting in HD mode, login to your account at Red5cam.tv and click “Broadcast”. To switch to HD mode:
1. Click “Settings” in your broadcasting panel. In “Video stream coding” field choose “Flash media live encoder”. Wait a few seconds (do not close settings window), and in the same line a caption “Profile FMLE” will appear. Click on this caption and save file “fmle.xml” at your computer. Click “Save” the settings, then you will see “Broadcasting via Adobe Flash Media Encoder” in your camera window.
2. Start Adobe FMLE program. In the opened window (in left upper corner) choose File >> Open Profile and choose “fmle.xml” file, which you saved in step 1. A message can appear: “Profile Validation. Some of the tags in the profile have incorrect or no values. FMLE will use default values for these tags. For details, please refer to encoding logs.” - click “Ok”.
3. To start broadcasting through FMLE, press “Start” button in Adobe FMLE window.
If you have any difficulties with HD mode settings or you will need to test the video quality, please contact our Support.
How to switch from normal mode to live HD mode?
If you are using HD mode for the first time, please read the HD broadcasting settings guide above and make all necessary settings.
After the settings are made, to switch from normal mode to HD:
1. Click HD start in your broadcasting panel.
2. Start Adobe FMLE and press “Start” button.
How to switch from HD mode to normal (Flash media player)?
To switch from HD mode to normal mode:
1. In Adobe FMLE window press “Stop” button.
2. Close Adobe FMLE program window.
3. In you broadcasting panel click “Settings”. In “Video stream coding” field choose “Flash media player” and click “Save”. You will see your web camera image in your broadcasting panel camera window.